Monday, March 26, 2007

I-600 Approval!!!!

A week ago today, I e-mailed our immigration office in El Paso to check the status of Mia's paperwork. I received a very nice e-mail from "JP" stating that her paperwork was on his desk but he was swamped and would get to it as soon as he could. I e-mailed back a nice little "thank you, I'll be praying you catch up" e-mail. Today I decided that since it had been a week since my last stalker e-mail that I would e-mail again to see if JP had worked his way through the pile on his desk. Late this afternoon I received an e-mail back from him stating that Mia's I-600 was approved today, which means she has Visa approval! They sent the approval to the U.S. Embassy, e-mailed Seoul to let them know of the approval, and sent the official approval notice to us in the mail today. Mia's US paperwork is complete, now we need Seoul to grant her emmigration permission, issue her passport, and call us to say "come get her". Our caseworker with our agency said she would call Seoul in a couple of days to see if they have anything ready for her. I'll be praying even harder the next couple of days that they will complete at least part (or all would be fine) of her Korean paperwork.

We are SO ready to bring our sweet girl home!

No comments: