Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rush Hour @ World's Largest Church

We successfully navigated the subway this morning to attend the world's largest church, Yoido Full Gospel Church. There membership is a whopping 800,000...no I did not type too many zeros. They have SEVEN services on Sunday mornings. There are varying reports on how many the main auditorium and balcony seats...but the smallest number I found was 12,000 and the largest was 35,000...and this place was PACKED. They also have seating areas throughout the multi-story building with large projection screens showing the service. We wore headsets which had the sermon being translated into English simultaneously. It was definately a once in a lifetime experience.

This video clip is just a short glimpse of the end of the "rush hour" traffic coming into the second service. People were literally running into the church building to get a good seat. I have NEVER seen anything like that. Y'all back home watch this video and maybe we can try this one Sunday...Ronnie wouldn't know what to do if we all came sprinting into church. :o)

We heard about this church from Rusty's friend, Eric Boyt...thanks Eric, it was quite an experience.

After church, we decided to go for a big American lunch at Outback Steakhouse. It was really good but the background music was a little odd. They were playing unedited American rap...we heard a 50 Cent and Notorious B.I.G. song just to name a couple. They have no idea what the songs are saying...I'm sure every American that eats in there is shocked to hear some of the lyrics blasting during their meal...we were!?!

Our schedules are still WAY off...I'm not sleeping well at all. I was waking up every 30 minutes or so last night and finally got up at 4:00 am to check e-mail, the blog, etc. I'm sure we will get used to the time change just in time to come home...at least I'll be on the same schedule as Mia. :o)

That's all for now. Make sure you check back tomorrow for pictures of our first meeting with our sweet girl.

Love y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craziness...I can not imagine trying to go to church with 800,000 other people. NUTS!!!!! Can't wait till the next blog...
Love ya,
Layne

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome about the church. I can't imagine that many people going in like that at once. That is something you won't ever forget. We are really enjoying your updates and can't wait to see you, Rusty and Mia together in a pic, and then in person on Thursday.
I asked Huston last night where you and Rusty and Mia were and he said "Koreeea" It was so cute.
Love, MiMi and family