Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pics From Our Sunday Seoul Adventures


No this isn't some cool Korean tv remote or something...it is actually a close-up of our potty controls...yes, potty controls. This was just too tempting not to post. Our potty has a heated seat (always on), and a nice wash and dry function, too. We'll tell you more about it when we get home. So fresh and so clean, clean! By the way, Rusty found these toilet seats for sale in one of the shopping districts and was dying to know the price. I had to drag him away from the potty seat...I think he likes it!


Here is a close-up pic of one of my souvenirs...my Korean tattoo.

Just kidding! There were dragons painted on the ceiling of the Namdaemun gate.


Here is a picture of Rusty standing in front of the ancient Namdaemun gate, it was the south gate to Seoul in the 1300s. Very cool.


This beautiful photo op was right off the side of a BIG, busy road on our walk to/from the church. I don't think this picture does the flowers justice and they smelled wonderful, too.



Here is the front of the Yoido Full Gospel Church...I took the video of the "rush hour" from the top of the steps and by the time I reached the bottom to take a picture, everyone had sprinted in and grabbed a seat! Well, except for maybe a a few people in the pic that had already attended first service.

Tomorrow we'll be posting pics of Mia. We stayed up all day today even though we were DYING! Hopefully we will get some good rest tonight. You can probably look at the posts each day and see the bags under my eyes growing and darkening...scary! Not the greatest first impression for our agency here but that's okay.

Well, I'm off to get things together for our meeting tomorrow before I hopefully CRASH into bed and off to sleep.

Love ya'll!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rusty and Patty,
I am praying for you as you are preparing to see sweet Mia in the morning (just a few hours away for you). Thanks for keeping us updated - it's so cool to watch God at work in this process. You guys are precious. Can't wait to see the next pictures! I hope Rusty gets to bring home a fancy potty seat! Love to yall.
Kristen Goen

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we are having so much fun keeping up with you all and your adventure. Patty, I think a Korean tat would be very appropriate...........I double dog dare you. Good luck today, tell Mia hi for us.
Love ya,
The Sears Family
(Matt Sears Family)

Anonymous said...

hey! Only four hours until you get to see your little girl!! I hope you are resting and not too nervous! Patty, I didn't see any bags under the eyes...Mia has a beautiful Mommy!! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!! Saw Huston at church today and he was HAPPY!! He can't wait for his lil' sis to get here. Murphy's made himself right at home....oooh he just burped!! Must have been good lunch today! Ha Ha! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Looks like you are having a great time. That church sounds pretty crazy! Glad you guys are enjoying yourself. I would have to give Rusty a hard time for flying half way across the globe to buy a toilet seat! LOL Cant wait to see the pics with yall and Mia. I am very excited for yall. Take care, and God bless.


Had to repost this here because I am not familiar with the "blogging" thing and put it 2 days ago. I will catch on one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! You're probably with Mia right now -- I can't wait to hear (read) all the details of your first meeting. I'm sure you've already told her how many people on the other side of the world love her and are praying for her.
And I think both the tattoo and the toilet seat would be awesome souveniors. Do it!
Love y'all --
Trent, Dana & the girls

Anonymous said...

As I am sitting here reading your blog, you are holding your precious daughter, Mia. We can finally say that Mia is home in the arms of her Mom and Dad. What a gift from our Great Giver. Miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to see you when you get here.
Welcome Home Mia,
The Cocos